How to Create a Duotone Effect in Affinity PhotoJuly 16, 2020
How to Create a Pop Art Effect in Affinity PhotoJuly 28, 2020
Why does the size of a logo matter? A logo is a representation of a company. It is one of the first things a customer sees. And, if the logo is good, it is something a customer will remember. With the increased use of social media, a company’s logo size online is more important now than ever before. If you use a larger logo size when a smaller logo is required, then your logo will be compressed automatically thus reducing the quality of your logo. Choosing the right logo sizes for social media helps companies to effectively convey their brand. One of the ways to increase engagement on social media is by optimizing your profile with images. This optimization includes using quality images on your profile (such as your brand’s logo).
To help ensure that your logo effectively conveys your brand online, here are the recommended sizes (in pixels) to use for your logos on social media and the web.
- The profile image size must be at least 180 X 180 pixels. This includes business page profile images.
- On the desktop, the image will be displayed at 170 X 170 pixels.
- For smartphones, the image will be displayed at 128 X 128 pixels.
- Facebook’s cover photo size is 820 X 312 pixels. The minimum size for a cover photo is 400 X 315 pixels.
- The cover photo will display at 640 X 360 pixels on a smartphone.
- Facebook’s shared link post size is 1200 X 628 pixels.
- In addition, the image post size is 1200 X 630 pixels. The image post is the images that appear on your timeline.
- For Twitter, the profile image size must be at least 400 X 400 pixels.
- The profile image will be displayed at 200 X 200 pixels.
- There are three places the profile image will appear on Twitter: your page, in-stream, and who to follow.
- In the in-stream, when you tweet something, your image appears next to the tweet. Your image will also show when your tweet is retweeted.
- In addition, your image will show in the ‘who to follow’ box along with a link to your profile.
- Twitter’s header photo size is 1500 X 500 pixels.
- On Instagram, the profile image size is 110 X 110 pixels.
- Instagram’s photo size is 1080 X 1080 pixels.
- Also, Instagram’s story size is 1080 X 1920 pixels. It has an aspect ratio (ratio of an image’s width to its height) of 9:16.
- The minimum image size for an Instagram story is 600 X 1067 pixels.
- LinkedIn’s profile image size is 400 X 400 pixels.
- The profile image size will be displayed at 200 X 200 pixels.
- For a company page, the profile image size is 300 X 300 pixels.
- The size of an image for a link post is 1200 X 628 pixels.
- For an image post on LinkedIn, the size is 1200 X 1200 pixels.
- Also, LinkedIn’s hero image size is 1128 X 376 pixels.
- LinkedIn’s cover image size is 1584 X 396 pixels.
- On Pinterest, the profile image size is 165 X 165 pixels.
- The profile image will be displayed at 32 X 32 pixels on other areas of Pinterest.
- When creating boards on Pinterest, the largest size for a thumbnail is 222 X 150 pixels.
- The smallest thumbnail size for a board on Pinterest is 55 X 55 pixels.
- For creating pins, the minimum image size is 600 x 900 pixels.
- The maximum size for a Pinterest pin image is 2000 x 3000 pixels.
- Additionally, a Pinterest pin has an aspect ratio of 2:3.
- For YouTube, the size for a profile image is 800 X 800 pixels.
- YouTube displays the profile image at 98 X 98 pixels.
- The thumbnail size of a YouTube image is 1280 X 720 pixels.
- YouTube’s channel cover photo size is 2560 X 1440 pixels.
- When creating your cover photo, make sure you put your important information inside of the safe zone.
- The safe zone is the area that appears no matter what device (tablet, phone, TV, desktop, etc.) you choose to use to view YouTube.
- The size of the safe zone area is 1546 X 423 pixels.
- For websites, these are some of the standard header sizes (in pixels).
- In addition, website builders such as WordPress and Wix use these header sizes.
- On a website with a square or vertical header, the image size is 160 X 160 pixels.
- Favicons are small icons that feature your corporate logo. This can be the initials of your company or an image.
- The minimum size of a favicon is 16 X 16 pixels.
- The maximum size of a favicon is 128 X 128 pixels.
- Some other sizes of a favicon are 32 X 32 pixels and 64 X 64 pixels.
- You can create your own favicon for free at Favicon.
To resize your images, you can use Photoshop, Affinity Photo, Canva, or any other image editing software. Ultimately, the desired platform of your target audience will determine the logo sizes for social media and the web you decide to use.
For more tips, check out this article on choosing the right file type to export your designs.